November 13, 2012

Accutane | Week 3

Hey you. Guess what! I bought a car! Woohoo. I bought the Buick Verano. I am super happy with my purchase. Let’s hope clumsy me doesn't do anything crazy to it. Anyway, lets talk about Accutane.

Cons
Oh Accutane why do you hate me. As I have said in the past my Accutane experience has been comfortable. There have been no serious side effects only improvement. This week has been a little different. My stomach has been hurting. Not upset like you’re about to re-visit the Chinese food you ate 3 hours ago but just pure pain. After a couple hours it passes but I will have to bring this up with my derm. Another side effect is that nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, is softening my lips. They are disgustingly chapped. I am amazed that my boyfriend still wants to kiss me. FYI, it is really helpful if you surround yourself with people who are positive and are not mean about your dry skin. I have been blessed with not having to experiences the initial breakout most people experience. I did have a minor (cystic, so still painful but not a huge honker) break out on my cheek but it is healing nicely. I sometimes have eczema flare ups around my ears and it feels like its starting again. Don’t worry I will not put a picture of that. Another random symptom that I have been experiencing is really tender teeth. It does not feel like normal sensitivity but it does feel like my teeth are loose. Crazy. I know.

*One thing that I forgot to mention last week is that all the little pits left from the acne were showing. And I was feeling super down and ugly.

Pros
My skin is looking smooth and there are less pink spots on my skin (acne under the skin). A while ago you could see a bunch of pink dots on my cheeks. I assume that they were pimples that hadn’t made it to the surface. Now they are less noticeable and only look pink when I wash my face. I am a bit thorough when facing my face and it helps me to see the true progress of my skin and not assume that the pimples are healed completely. The texture of my skin has improved. The dents/holes are not as deep anymore. 
Anyway, I think that’s it for now. 



God I need to fix my eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Pretty Bee! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will try to get back to YOU ASAP! I will on occasion leave a heart () as a reply… meaning I read your comment